The Chaw’se IGR Association is proud to serve as the cooperating association of Indian Grinding Rock State Park. You can support a variety of programs for children and adults—as well as projects that help preserve historic buildings and maintain park facilities.
We are working to enhance Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park by raising funds that are used exclusively for the benefit of this Park. We are a 501(c)(3) public benefit corporation that generates income through the Book Store at the Chaw'se Regional Indian Museum, fundraising and special events, grants and donations.
We value your membership as your donation of time or money helps us reach the goals we renew each year. These goals are to improve the enjoyment, education and natural expierences our park can offer.
This year at Indian Grinding Rock State Historic Park promises to be one filled with opportunities to enrich lives through the sharing of our cultural and natural history at this site. We are one of the most important Native historic sites in the state of California. Our park is a living history of the original people populating our area.
The Chaw’se Indian Grinding Rock Association will fulfill its Mission and Vision by planning, implementing, and evaluating fundraising campaigns, writing grants, and creating strategic partnerships in the community to provide financial support to assist California State Parks in the following endeavors.
Funds raised will:
• Support “In-Park” community education programs, including lectures, tours, classes, guest speakers, exhibits and other activities that accurately reflect the Miwok culture and traditions or the natural resources of the park, including the flora and fauna.
• Supplement museum staffing to support children’s programs, visitor center, and bookstore.
• Support the development and production of interpretive and educational books, pamphlets, handouts, maps, videos, and other interpretive guides or tools
.• Support the purchasing of retail interpretive and educational items to be sold in the bookstore.
• Supplement the maintenance of the park, including the buildings, structures, collections, and hiking trails.
• Support marketing costs for publicity, public relations, and various other means of communication in order to build community support for the protection and preservation of the park.